Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time Out


Sometimes the Universe forces you to slow down and sometimes that is exactly what you need. Case in point: instead of the whirlwind research 2-days away I had planned I sat in a hospital room with my friend while tests were done and she desperately tried for a few moments of rest. On the way to the hospital I grabbed a book my mother had just read and enjoyed - it haunted her, I could tell. I do not remember the last time I had hours to do nothing but read, drink tea, and knit the occasional row on a project that may never end. The sun came in and warmed my back where I sat in the window seat of her room. I even napped a few times - ah bliss!
My friend is home and safe and the book is completed. This is a great novel - a truly haunting novel. All is well.

1 comment:

swengie.g said...

I recently enjoyed Out Stealing Horses too - such a long, different perspective and reflective voice! I am glad to hear your friend is home too.